Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Processing Operator is responsible for the manufacturing of liquid pediatric and medical nutritional products. The job requires the lifting and physical handling of raw ingredients during the weighing, staging and manufacturing processes. The job also requires interaction with computer systems that are integrated into the manufacturing process along with documentation of manufacturing steps in accordance with work order and job procedures. A processing operator must adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and regulatory standards and follow detailed work order instructions and be capable of performing the variety of duties either “A”, “B” or “C” processing functions.
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of bulk slurries for blending operations.
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of computer-controlled heat treatment processes.
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of computer-controlled blending processes.
- Weighing/documenting/staging, utilizing a computer-controlled weigh system for batch ingredients.
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of a computer-controlled clean-in-place (CIP) system utilized for manufacturing equipment (i.e. tanks, heat treatment system, etc.).
- Preparation/perform/document product Line work operations (i.e.
- Standardization/Final Water using ingredients, flavors, oils etc.).
- Maintain area GMP compliance through routine cleaning of equipment, general area and preventative maintenance of equipment; adherence to batch work order and job procedures, while recording/maintaining accurate documentation.
- Receipt and transportation of bulk raw ingredients, CIP chemicals etc.
- Perform and support other work related duties as assigned.
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the plant operations by producing high quality products in a timely manner for various filling lines. The department will accomplish this objective in accordance with GMP, SMP and safety requirements with minimum product/ingredient loss through efficient use and maximum utilization of manpower assigned. The position requires a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to think about critical situations/decisions.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Some college or vocational schooling desired.
Prior food manufacturing or similar batch process with a significant emphasis on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and computer-controlled systems desired.
Skills: Must possess good written, verbal, computer, and mechanical skills. Possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work safely in a team environment. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with the ability to comprehend, make decisive decisions and use problem solving skills while maintaining quality product and area GMP at all times.