Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Principal Software Engineer (PRINCIPAL ENG LV2) to work in Santa Clara with the Algorithm group for Hematology.
- Develop new algorithms for blood cell classification using data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, data visualization and machine learning techniques.
- Excellent programming skills are required – Algorithm development in R, Python and capable of translating algorithms into C++ for production quality code.
- Effectively communicate algorithm and data analysis results to upper management.
- Provide technical consultation to technical staff concerning problems within the Algorithm and participate in technical reviews
- Perform root cause analysis and reporting of results in a quality environment.
- Develop new big data pipeline tools for collection and analysis of data from the field.
- Collaborate with project teams in the design and development of protocols, statistical analysis plans, and data management plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or closely related discipline with eight or more years of work experience. Exceptions to the degree requirement at this level require approval of the appropriate level of Senior Management.
- Ph.D. desired and 5+ years of experience in algorithm development.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience working with classification algorithms.
- Experience with SVMs, neural networks, clustering algorithms, EM models.
- Experience working in a clinical laboratory environment.
- Good knowledge of statistics and hypothesis testing.
- Familiarity with CLSI hematology standards.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, or other big data frameworks are a plus.
- Experience with designing and implementing Image processing algorithms.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.