Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Operator I. This position is responsible for assembling frames/stents to support tissue heart valve manufacturing in accordance with approved manufacturing and quality inspection procedures. Individual will utilize small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measuring equipment, microscopes and test fixtures. Individual must work well in a team environment and be able to assess the work and environment for improvement possibilities. Operator must have the ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Kits, assembles, and packages devices and related accessories using applicable tools;
- Reviews all device documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Maintains the organization, inventory levels, and the cleanliness of the device packaging areaAbility to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills such as conflict resolution, active participation, active listening, interpreting, cooperation and flexibility to allow for a successful self-managed team
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form
- Positively represent the company during tours by demonstrating techniques and sharing appropriate information
- Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize efficiency, minimize accidents to enhance longer life of equipment and tools
- Maintain accurate records to ensure traveler and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products Is cross trained in multiple areas/processes
- Identify, analyze, and implement manufacturing improvements (e.g., processes, yields, and productivity)
- Support process validation activities for continuing production and for new product introductions
- Set-up production processes using established procedures and processes
- Notifies supervisor of the need to replenish supplies/materials and of any production difficulties that cannot be readily corrected.
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous medical device assembly experience preferred
- Experience in GMP, ISO, and FDA controlled environments preferred
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Proficient computer usage skills