Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Manufacturing Technician. Working under limited supervision, the Technician lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies assemblies, components, and parts of developmental and production product items. Technician in this role ensures that the equipment is properly maintained and continuously operating in the production area
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequence and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize efficiency, minimize accidents to enhance longer life of equipment and tools
- Identify, analyze, and implement manufacturing improvements (e.g., processes, yields, and productivity) - Test/troubleshoot manufacturing processes and equipment
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with engineers and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of product units.
- Recommends changes in components or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Interprets test data, analyzes product performance, develops summaries, and assists in the initiation of yield improvements.
- Assists engineers in the troubleshooting or failed product and production lines.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and trade school certification, specialized training/apprenticeship and/or equivalent in Electronics, Engineering Technology, or specialized training which provides a theoretical understanding of electronic or electro-mechanical disciplines or equivalent.
- Typically 5-8 or more years of progressively more responsible related work experience required to achieve the level of competency and depth of understanding necessary to perform at this level, preferably in the medical device industry. Incumbents are required to work cooperatively and productively with others.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision is required.
- Must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner while meeting assigned deadlines.