Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
To provide engineering support for new and existing equipment and processes used in Abbott Molecular’s manufacturing operations. Develop and implement engineered solutions that reduce product costs and improve product quality associated with base business and increased capacity, while supporting the quality systems and site regulatory compliance.
- Support Engineering and Finance with all aspects of capital project management, including authoring request for capital expenditure (RCEs), asset forms, completion notices and WBS Reports.
- Support continuous improvement (CI) initiatives. Investigate and resolve existing equipment operating, reliability and yield issues and implement corrections or modifications to ensure systems operate within qualified parameters.
- Work with engineers and equipment suppliers to define project scope, schedule and budgets.
- Prepare reports, publish and make presentations on capital projects and related department metrics.
- Create or modify documentation requiring engineering technical knowledge, such as equipment operating procedures (EOP/SOP) to be used by manufacturing personnel, engineering studies (ES), qualification and validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ), equipment preventive maintenance procedures (PM, PdM) and material specifications (MS).
- Lead or serve as member on cross functional project teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate sound engineering aptitude and theory in design for manufacturability.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Accountability / Scope:
- Position is accountable for successful implementation of engineering and cost reduction projects.
- Successful execution of the responsibilities associated with this position results in improving capacity, yield, cost metrics and conformance with site, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- B.S. in any Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience, preferably in a mid-volume manufacturing environment, to include some or all of the following:
- Experience with process and packaging manufacturing equipment. Liquid filling, capping, torqueing, label printing, application and inspection systems.
- Familiarity with qualification and regulatory requirements. Including Design Review, User Requirement Specifications (URS), FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ/PQ, ISO 8, etc.
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting. Preferably Allen-Bradley and Siemens.
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) such as Maximo.
- Experience with CAD programs such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.
- Experience with MS Project and SAP.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal required.
- 10% Travel required for equipment acceptance, Field Acceptance Testing (FAT), etc.