Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and passionate Logistics Associate to support our ever-expanding Vascular division on a 6 months fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, this position is responsible for managing and maintaining inventory integrity both in the warehouse and on consignment to achieve service level targets whilst ensuring the timely delivery of Abbott Vascular products to our customers; and providing support to the sales and marketing teams in inventory analysis and upkeep of optimal stock levels through product launches, recalls and swap outs.
The main aspects of this role include:
- Stock ordering for Australia and New Zealand, stock validations, returned goods management, reporting and analysis, short dated goods management, expired, excess and obsolete management and reporting, stock write off management, stock adjustments, logical location management
- Provide resolution for all customer issues, build and maintain relationships with all customers, both internal and external. i.e. sales management, product management, territory management, customer service
- Monitor and proactively manage stock and inventory levels, ensure accurate and timely completion of inventory reconciliations
- Maintain regular validations scheduling, processing and management for all territory managers according to the validations schedule
- In consultation with Sales/Marketing, co-ordinate all local stock requirements including regular orders, launches, obsolescence planning and special orders (e.g. recalls/quarantine product, stop shipment, PME, PPT)
- Monitor and process all inventory control reconciliations (e.g. consignment validations etc.)
- Continuously improve inventory management systems to streamline procedures and reduce operating costs. Monthly reporting to management on key focus areas within inventory and warehousing
- Maintain relevant, accurate and accessible records of all activities
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- 3+ years' experience in a Logistics/similar role
- Strong excel skills
- Previous experience with SAP preferred
- Previous experience dealing with inventory control
- Previous experience liaising with internal stakeholders and external customers across ANZ
- Prior experience in the Healthcare/Medical Device industry would be highly regarded
This role will work within a team of very capable and passionate individuals committed to getting the best outcomes for the patients and the customers that we serve.
Abbott provides some fantastic benefits for our employees, these include:
- Free Parking
- Barista on site
- Onsite Gym with Classes
- Flexible working arrangement
- Wellness program that includes Fresh fruit etc.
- Easy access to public transport, bus and rail
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our careers site at www.abbottcareers.com for more information
Abbott is committed to building a diverse workforce that values diversity across gender, age, culture, disability and lifestyle.
We ask that recruiters respect our internal recruitment process and PSA panel, and refrain from contacting us, or referring candidates to this role.