Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Forklift operator is responsible for picking, layer picking, receiving, loading, and covering Low Bay support. Adheres to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety protocols in place at the Columbus Distribution Center. Safely operates a forklift and be able to efficiently use the Cambar (warehouse management system).
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system
- Via use of operating systems within the Columbus Distribution Center to effectively process shipments in a timely manner
- Via use of Cambar radio frequency inventory system, the employee stores, picks or assembles finished product for shipment
- Understands and properly utilizes ship orders and associated Columbus Distribution Center paperwork and RF terminals for shipping/receiving finished product and returns
- Maintains proper FIFO flow of finished products (may include operation of a forklift truck with a push-pull attachment)
- Stores, picks or assembles finished goods in the Columbus Distribution Center, verifying the commodity number, quantity, release status and lot number
- Checks materials against packaging lists, invoices, freight bills or other pertinent documentation to assure conformity and accuracy
- High School Diploma
- Previous warehouse experience one (1) year