Abbott is a global healthcare company committed to helping people live not just longer, but better. We employ around 99,000 people in 150 countries with a diverse portfolio spanning pharmaceuticals, nutrition, diagnostics and devices.
At Abbott, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through challenging and rewarding work as part of a highly successful and trusted organization that is shaping the future of health. Realize your potential!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the manager; the Field Technical Engineer (FTE) will perform technical and clinical support of EP systems and product lines, build customer relationships, provide training by utilizing approved education material.
- Furthermore, be responsible for servicing the current customer base, increasing sales within that base and establishing new accounts. The FTE will be responsible for effectively dealing with customer complaints and recommending consignment in accounts where necessary. The FTE will have an in-depth knowledge of our product lines and will play a role in supporting management in the formulation of sales strategies and goals. The FTE will also be responsible for assisting in the field training of entry level representatives and support in the opening of new accounts.
Responsibilities for all functions:
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
- As an Abbott employee you are required to review all applicable Quality System ‘Standard Operating Procedures’ (SOP) that address activities for which you are responsible.
- When tasks and responsibilities are assigned outside the scope of normal duties, the employee must understand the level of decision making for which he/she is responsible and if in doubt clarify this with his/her supervisor
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- University Degree or equivalent level of expertise
- High technical and/or clinical experience/education
- Good skills within sales, communication, and education
- Good at building relations
- Native Norwegian and excellent English language skills required
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment. In our organization, you can count on excellent primary and secondary benefits, a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, extensive training opportunities and good career perspective. We are in the business of advancement, both in health solutions and in the lives and careers of our employees. Our work across the world and in many areas of healthcare provides a rich environment for our employees to explore career paths, interests and opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are appealed by Abbott, looking for a job with meaning and recognize yourself in the outlined profile, please make your interest known. You can apply via our website (https://www.jobs.abbott/) with your resume and letter of application. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments referring this job profile to Milan Worpel, email@example.com.