Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Sturgis, MI currently has an opportunity for a Facilities Technician. Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., location is an award-winning nutrition manufacturing plant, which recently celebrated its 70th anniversary as part of the community. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Complete work orders, PM’s and repairs to keep the plant in good working order as well as directing contractors, vendors and other technicians on specific projects
· Perform maintenance of all types of painted surfaces and have the knowledge to use spraying equipment, airless sprayers, brushes and rollers
· Perform various exterior grounds maintenance for main plant and off-site warehouse. This includes but not limited to: yard work, mowing, roof clean up, snow removal and landscaping work. These jobs require the operation of power mowers, ladders, snow blowers, and powered lifts
· Perform various types of repairs to doors (sliders, overhead doors, fire doors), ceilings and windows. Work includes caulking, re-screening, refinishing and mechanical repairs
· Perform facility PM’s which include fire system inspections and various utility distribution systems
· Perform miscellaneous plumbing repairs throughout the plant on showers, sinks, restrooms and water fountains
· Perform most kinds of carpentry work in a neat manner
· Perform most kinds of masonry and cement work, such as laying brick or block and repairing concrete in a neat manner
· Use machines, tools & equipment to include but not limited to: lawn tractor, snow blower, circular saw, table saw, drills, all hand tools, drain cleaning equipment, shear, box brake, lathe, mill, band saw, cutoff saw, drill press, welder, torch, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High School Diploma or GED
· Significant amount of related experience (3+years)
· Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
Facilities & Maintenance
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Sturgis : Building 01A
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis, Work at heights, e.g. ladders, scaffolds, catwalks, etc., Work in noisy environment, Work requiring repeated bending, stooping, squatting or kneeling
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf