Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Facilities Technician Job Description
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Facilities Maintenance Department function is to provide outstanding customer service to the manufacturing and support groups through the preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of plant infrastructure systems. This will be executed as to enable the safe, efficient and economical conduct of business in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
To maintain and improve plant building and grounds including but not limited to the following: HVAC systems, Plant utility distribution systems including water, pneumatic and steam piping and delivery, floor, wall and ceiling surfaces, roofs, sewer systems, doors (man, roll-up and dock), plant fleet vehicles, lawn care and snow removal. Must be able to work from heights and ladders.
Facilities Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Performs plant and/or office facilities maintenance duties such as furniture moving, maintenance of office equipment, simple electrical projects, spot painting or cleaning, light construction or exterior clean up.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance of plant and/or office facilities and equipment by using hand or power tools as required..
- Sets up and operates all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
- Performs work in more than one of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical and HVAC, sheet metal fabrication, and welding, perform construction, repair, and/or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs or office fixtures. (Senior Level).
- Makes routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment. (Intermediate and Senior Levels).
- Works with manufacturing or process engineering in the installation or repair of building plumbing and wiring required in the production process. (Intermediate and Senior Levels).
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment and reports problems to supervisor as appropriate.
- Works with outside contractors on facilities and equipment repairs.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications. (Senior Level).
- Where and when applicable, remove snow from entrances and docking areas by using appropriate equipment.
- May be involved in other activities such as parking lot repairs, dock door work, dairy brick and epoxy flooring repairs, waste paper recycling, inter-office transportation, set-up of audiovisual equipment, and stocking of coffee areas.
- Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Initiates or maintains schedule for projects and project milestones.
- Establishes priorities of project assignments. Solves complex problems requiring extensive interpretation of procedures and practices to provide leadership in evolving projects.
- Selects methods and practices to solve problems using ingenuity, creativity, and a high degree of independent action and initiative.
- Proposes solutions independently; makes decisions on projects.
- Develops and implements projects from concept to completion.
- Utilizes Maximo CMMS system to record work activities and reporting needed future work.
High School Diploma or GED and 2 or more years experience in Industrial Maintenance or Facility Maintenance