Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Exciting new opportunity to join Abbott's fastest growing division, Diabetes Care, home of the world's #1 continuous-glucose-monitor, the FreeStyle Libre.
- Contribute to the design and development of software across one or more domains: mobile and embedded under a disciplined product development process that meets FDA requirements.
- Work on software design, coding, and validating software, supporting verification and validation testing, and ensuring that all product development conforms to design specifications and coding standards for medical devices.
- Exercise judgment in coding following the software designs and conducting investigation activities following defined methods.
- Develop productive internal/external working relationships.
- Design and implement software in current programming languages (e.g. C, C++).
- Assist in the preparation of software design requirements and detailed design specifications for implementation of software designs per Abbott design development process.
- Assist in the evaluation of selected designs through testing and full documentation of the results.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Participate in software development, verification and validation following the guidance of software lead.
- Follow approved Design Control procedures for software development in accordance with FDA guidelines.
- At this level, it is expected the candidate will have proficiency in software implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in software development (combination of programming-heavy coursework, school projects, freelance work and professional experience).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with current development tools (IDEs, debuggers, unit test frameworks).
- Experience testing software is a plus.
- Knowledge of design controls and regulations for medical device development is a plus.
- Knowledge of the principles of quality software engineering as described by software lifecycle development processes that are consistent with ISO, IEEE, or other FDA recognized standards is a plus.
- Experience with software development life cycle processes is a plus.
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
DIVISION:ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION:United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf