Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Embedded Software Engineer will focus on algorithm development and digital signal processing for our fast-growing FreeStyle Libre product series. This is an exciting time to join Abbott Diabetes Care and change the future of diabetes.
- Lead the design and development of software across one or more domains: mobile, web, desktop, and embedded under a disciplined product development process that meets FDA requirements
- Work on software design, coding, and validating software, supporting verification and validation testing, and ensuring that all product development conforms to design specifications and coding standards for medical devices
- Implement data processing algorithms efficiently in a programming language (C, C++, etc.) Define and implement data management and data flow in an embedded environment. Develop productive internal/external working relationships
Knowledge of embedded software system design, experience in algorithm development implementation and data processing in embedded and other computing platforms. C, C++, structured software development and/or Object Modeling Design, digital data processing, debugger and ICE.
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- 6 years of experience in software development (combination of programming-heavy coursework, school projects, freelance work and professional experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong familiarity with current development tools (IDEs, debuggers, unit test frameworks)
- Strong mathematics background is a plus
- Experience testing software is a plus
- Knowledge of design controls and regulations for medical device development is a plus
- Knowledge of the principles of quality software engineering as described by software lifecycle development processes that are consistent with ISO, IEEE, or other FDA recognized standards is a plus
- Experience with software development life cycle processes is a plus
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
DIVISION:ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION:United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf