Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber, Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician. This individual will be responsible for various mechanical engineering efforts for new product development. Working under general supervision, provides technical support for the development of medical devices.
- Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts.
- Work with engineering on build/test fixturing and device prototypes
- Ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Perform engineering tests and test method validations. Collect, compile, and organize data to support the generation of engineering test and validation reports
- Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages and possibly ability to analyze data using basic statistics.
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance.
- Create and Maintain accurate records to recreate desired build processes and designs.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Trade school certification, specialized training/apprenticeship and/or equivalent in Engineering
- Technology, or specialized training which provides a theoretical understanding of mechanical or electro-mechanical disciplines or equivalent preferred.
- Typically a minimum of 3-6 years of progressively more responsible related work experience required to achieve the level of competency and depth of understanding necessary to perform at this level
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the job, including the ability to set up and operate specialized automated/manual equipment.
- Must be capable of understanding assembly drawings, processing documents, equipment schematics, and other associated documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to use common hand tools and troubleshooting devices such as a multi-meter.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, computer and basic math skills.