Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, Ohio, currently has an opportunity for a Data Scientist/Programmer, Sr. Analyst.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with cross functional and non-technical partners to evaluate opportunities to utilize data analytics to maximize marketing and sales success
- Leverage machine learning to help create applications that solve eCommerce business problems
- Create powerful business intelligence tools to provide stakeholders with easily consumable, actionable information/insights
- Develop algorithms that help to automatically identify critical business issues
- Develop and gain alignment on best visualization content that is in line with industry best practices and ease of user adoption to convey the story inside the data
- Complete ad-hoc requests to support tactical and strategic business needs
- Communicate analysis and findings clearly to senior leaders and non-technical audiences
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 2 to 10 years’ experience in data science, machine learning, computer science, and/or analytics
- Significant experience in at least one of the following programming languages: R, C#, Python, SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate technical analysis and findings clearly to senior leaders and non-technical audiences
- BS in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related field
- MS degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Experience with Machine Learning platforms such as Amazon SageMaker, Google Cloud AI, etc.
- Familiarity with Selenium or any other web-based automation tool
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.