Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Nutrition Sligo
We understand that proper nutrition is the foundation for living the best life possible. That’s why we develop science-based nutrition products for people of all ages. Our products help babies and children grow, keep bodies strong and active, and support the unique nutrition needs of people with chronic illnesses — to make every stage of life a healthy one. Abbott is a leader in providing enteral nutrition feeding devices, including enteral feeding pumps and pump sets. Enteral feeding (also known as tube feeding) is a means of providing nutrition to people who cannot obtain nutrition by swallowing. Enteral nutrition contains all the calories and vitamins a person needs.
- To maintain Plant and Equipment at Optimum performance and provide utilities to Manufacturing Department and General Plant to achieve yearly plan.
- Follow all Health and Safety Rules and Regulations in the plant.
- Report any current or potential hazards to your immediate supervisor/dept. manager immediately.
- The correct Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) must be worn at all times. Consult the appropriate SOP where required.
- Responsible for consulting any SOP’s for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure they fully understand and adhere to the SOP.
- Housekeeping is a critical function of all jobs and the craft person is expected to ensure all housekeeping activities are observed and carried out appropriately in adherence to the procedure.
- It is important that cGMP is a main priority in any operation carried out in this job function. Participate in the development of operations through involvement in process engineering upgrades and automation programmes.
- Maintaining the Preventative Maintenance System.
- Maintenance of moulds and tooling to meet production requirements.
- Upgrading of moulds and tooling as required.
- Supporting plant manufacturing services as required.
- Identifying issues with production moulds and implementing corrective actions.
- Highlighting potential mould/tooling cost saving initiatives.
- Machine/Mould process troubleshooting as required.
- Completion and maintenance of the department calibration program.
- Support of daily production in moulding and extrusion.
- GMP of toolroom equipment and area.
- Supporting/Working on projects which support our manufacturing processes/equipment.
- Use diagnostic tools for condition monitoring of Plant and Equipment.
- Carry out plant preventative maintenance programme as scheduled.
- Fully complete all P.M’s and associated documentation.
- Follow correct procedure when carrying out hotwork & confined space entry ensuring work permits are fully complete and in compliance with SOP’s.
- When working on equipment ensure the correct lockout – tagout procedure is adhered to.
- Ensure adherence to Working from Heights Code of Practice is followed.
- Develop in-depth working knowledge of all plant equipment.
- Maintain equipment in utilities to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Perform a detailed hand over of work to colleagues when shift completed.
- This Job function will change where updates to procedures are made for example but not limited to, cGMP, EHS, Technical / New Equipment, and Quality Procedures.
- To complete training and review of procedures on compliancewire.
- To support plant on all business excellence activities.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum qualification Senior Trade Certificates preferably one of the following Toolmaking, Electrician, Fitter, Automation
- Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering desirable, but not essential.
Visit Abbott at https://www.ie.abbott/ and connect with us on Twitter at @AbbottNews.