Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Facilities COOP position will be located in our Abbott Site in Barceloneta and will have a duration of 6 months, from July to December 2020.
This opportunity in the Facilities department will provide hands on experience of knowledge acquired during engineering classes, focusing on:
Developing and implementing solutions to equipment downtime problems in manufacturing area.
- Solving engineering problems and providing recommendations for corrective or alternative actions.
- Performing root cause evaluation for failed equipment critical components.
- Improving maintenance strategies and equipment components to ensure equipment uptime.
The following qualifications are required:
- Senior (3rd, 4th or 5th year) in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering student
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Some c ontinuous improvement knowledge or experience
- Data and statistical analysis knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in utilization of software, such as: spreadsheet in Excel, Word, ER and PC literate
- Available to work overtime and weekends, if necessary