Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
Our location in Austin, TX currently has an opportunity for a Capital Equipment Pricing & Contracting Analsyst. Working in support of the Medical Devices US Sales Division, the Capital Equipment Strategic Pricing & Contract Analyst will interface with Sales, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Marketing, Finance, OEC and Legal to apply business management principles and financial concepts that maximize the company’s performance against sales and profit goals and minimize risk. Position will support the following Business Unit: Electrophysiology (EP). The ideal candidate must proactively research, analyze, and interpret data to produce substantiated recommendations and to work effectively in a high-pressure, high-demand sales support environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work independently to provide financial, business and consultative support to the Field Sales Organization related to capital equipment contracts.
- Support Field Sales Organization in formulating and negotiating contracts and capital equipment configurations in conjunction with legal, contract compliance and management to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Ensures the timely review, detailed financial analysis, and administration of sales requests for capital equipment.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Excel as customized strategic analysis will need to be developed for deal modeling and customer facing analytics. Proficient in the use of Word and PowerPoint.
- Develops, in conjunction with the sales team, the business rationale and the business case to support the request for capital equipment placement. Rationale and case include analysis of historical sales, customer market potential, overall market dynamics, any existing contractual status and projected revenue with the proposed deal. Attention to detail is critical.
- The ability to articulate key conclusions resulting from this analysis and make recommendations is required. Counsel the sales team to ensure the request is consistent with the business strategy supported by sales, marketing and senior leadership.
- Generates contracts and amendment responses from standard and customer templates.
- Review of customer redlines, modifies general contractual language for customer specific programs and seeks final approval. This includes ensuring appropriate vetting through other departments which may include legal, privacy, OEC, tech services, security, finance, risk management and customer service amongst others. Must be able to appropriately determine the correct department for review, talk through customer requests and associated risks as well as incorporate responses into contractual terms.
- Ability to negotiate terms directly with customers.
- Works closely with contract compliance to assess performance to current contracts, coordinate on non-compliance resolutions and generates contracts/amendments to document resolutions.
- Understands internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve processes and services.
- Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Manages communication and awareness of pricing and contractual obligations with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Solves complex problems, exercising sound business judgment to make recommendations based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Facilitates cross departmental (pricing, customer service, finance, legal) coordination and performs as an effective liaison between the field sales force and internal operations.
- Proactively anticipates needs of the field sales force and develops viable solutions for meeting goals and objectives.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and effectively prioritize multiple tasks is essential
- Ability to think outside of the box and develop creative solutions to enhance departmental goals and objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- 3-5+ years experience in contract analysis, financial analysis, business analysis, or sales operations with financial analysis and modeling experience.
- Demonstrated ability to identify innovative solutions to solve complex problems, based on analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Contract development experience in a medical related field and familiarity writing and editing legal contract language.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attentiveness to detail, and ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to listen, deal with unresolved issues, delays and unexpected events, and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret data.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to extract data from multiple information systems on an ad-hoc basis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating a personal computer. Advanced proficiency with all MS Office products.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.