Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in CA area, currently has an opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst will liaise between IT and various business units developing medical device products. This individual will be responsible for evaluating and influencing the IT portfolio used by these business units to define, design, verify, and validate new medical devices and iterations of existing medical devices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Makes sure the portfolio enhances organizational strategy and global information management through successful, consistent, and predictable delivery of programs, projects and applications
- Achieves this by partnering with business units, building an excellent understanding of the business processes, being aware of applicable regulations under which the business units operate, and staying abreast of industry technologies to support those processes
- Must have the ability to perform work in various project phases like Process Analysis, Requirements, User Acceptance Testing and Training
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and works with internal and external service providers to evaluate alternative IT solutions
- Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities
- Collaborates with internal customers to ensure user requirements are complete and concise, confirming that changes and enhancements meet technical specifications and user requirements
- May interact with the business to elicit, analyze and document detailed business requirements
- Performs business process analysis to define how applications should be configured to meet those needs
- Using technical competencies to transform business requirements into functional/technical documentation
- Performs a variety of tasks to review, analyze and modify business application systems including configuration, testing, and implementation
- Makes appropriate recommendations for continuing, modifying, or abandoning proposed projects based on the results of feasibility studies and/or cost/benefit analyses
- Maps current processes to the desired state and identifies gaps such as program functions, output requirements, input requirements and sources, data conversion strategies, and system techniques and controls
- Provides solid test designs, develops test cases and reviews/approves the execution of those test cases
- Provides support to existing applications and resolves business and technical problems
- Keeps informed of trends and new developments in technology to better advise management of means to accomplish business and information systems goals
- Communicates effectively with management to enhance their understanding of the opportunities and limitations of information systems
- Ensures cohesiveness between business strategies and technology directions
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or MIS, or other field of Engineering or equivalent. No advanced degree required.
- 5+ years of work experience, with 3+ in IT or engineering
- Experience at a company that operates in a regulated industry (Med Device Experience desirable but not mandatory)
- Experience in handling projects related Cloud applications and off the shelf products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence within and across organizations, functions and business areas
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and organizational skills and the ability to meet multiple deadlines and work independently
- Must be able to manage an assignment from start to completion; must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines. Able to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information. Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies, and tasks
- Must possess advanced computer skills including a working familiarity with system management tools and utilities, spreadsheets and document applications, communication tools, and other directly relevant applications
- Must also have demonstrated effectiveness in the expeditious execution of IT transactions and the ability to work with clients as a strategic business partner
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% (primarily domestic, occasionally abroad)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance (physical and/or virtual)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development , with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.